Nantucket is home to a diverse population of year-round residents and a dynamic vacationing population.
Island Chiropractic prides itself on providing quality, evidence-guided chiropractic care while maintaining a warm, welcoming, and professional atmosphere. Our office exemplifies the way chiropractic is delivered in a modern world, where anyone may obtain thorough and coherent treatment, delivered by exceedingly capable doctors and office staff. Dr. Ouellette has taken great care to provide his patients with an educational experience that is patient-centered and outcomes-driven.
Island Chiropractic is your destination for comfortable, sustainable, evidence-guided, well-rounded chiropractic care. Our office takes great pride in what we do.
We are proud to offer the following services:
- SMT (Spinal Manipulative technique)
- Arthrostim (gentle, instrument assisted adjustment)
- Extremity Adjustments
- Thompson Drop Technique
- Flexion Distraction Technique
- McKenzie End-Range Loading
- SOT Wedges
- Mobilization (spinal and extremity)
We also provide the services below
Functional Movement Assessments allow the doctor to systematically find the cause of symptoms, not just the source, by logically breaking down dysfunctional patterns and diagnosing their root causes as either a mobility problem (more movement is needed) or a stability problem (less movement is needed).
This systematic process allows clinicians to clearly match their intervention to the main problem of the patient. This model efficiently integrates the concepts of altered motor control, the neurodevelopmental perspective, and regional interdependence into musculoskeletal practice.
Graston Technique® is successful in effectively treating all soft tissue conditions, whether they are chronic, acute or post-surgical. The Graston Technique® offers many advantages to the patient such as:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
Myofascial Release treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascial, and nerves. These problems are known as repetitive use injuries and are commonly associated with desk workers, manual labourers, and athletes. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly.
During treatment, the clinician uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining specific directional pressure-assisted with the movement of the patient's body.
- Our location is warm, welcoming, and easily accessible
- Our staff is committed, knowledgeable, and efficient
- We offer a variety of techniques that are comfortable, gentle, and accomodate patients of all ages and preferences
- Our relationships with local healthcare providers and bodyworkers mean fast, reliable referrals and a collaborative approach to your care
Having struggled with chronic pain and cervical spine issues for more than 30 years, I was pleasantly surprised to find Dr. Ouellette had multiple methods of healing that helped me greatly. He did far more than traditional chiropractic manipulation, and I received a tremendous amount of relief clearly due to his knowledge. I’m sad to be moving off island away from Dr. Ouellette’s excellent care. He is a wonderful addition to Island Chiropractic."
- Becca S.